Azusa Pacific University (APU) is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
APU has 13 professional accreditations (PDF), which are listed below:
- The School of Business and Management is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The School of Music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- The School of Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Azusa Pacific Seminary programs are accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- The Art and Design programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The Master of Science in Athletic Training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The Doctor of Psychology program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The School Psychology program is accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- The Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- The Teacher Education programs are accredited by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The American Language and Culture Institute (ALCI) is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP).
Azusa Pacific University is approved for the training of veterans under the Veterans’ Bill of Rights. The university is listed with the United States Department of Justice for training of students from foreign countries.
Institutional membership and accreditation documents are available in the Office of the Provost.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.