Senior Admissions Counselor
Graduated from APU: 2006
Degree(s): Bachelor of Social Work
Hometown: Tustin, CA
Q & A with Carlie...
- How has APU transformed you?
- APU has been huge part of me becoming who I am today. Having come from a Christian home, APU helped me to make my faith my own. I don’t think I could have comprehended what God had for me here if I had known ahead of time. I was challenged not only academically, but also spiritually. Some of my best memories were created at APU through lots of tears and laughs. I have found that my identity is to be in Him and Him alone. I am so thankful for God leading me here and the experience I got to have.
- Which activities at APU have you most enjoyed being a part of?
- I loved being a part of all things APU. I enjoyed attending football and basketball games, and being a part of intramurals as a student. I was also involved in Bible studies on campus and a summer mission trip to Zambia.
- What advice would you give to prospective students?
- Visit the schools you are interested in! It is important for you to be where God leads you, where you can get involved and find friends you can share your life with. College should be one of the best times of your life. Don’t take yourself too seriously—it goes by really fast. Enjoy your time! You will make life long memories at APU!
- How do you spend your free time?
- I really love cooking and baking for my family and friends. My free time is usually spent being active, reading, watching movies, or enjoying a good cup of coffee with friends.