Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Counseling
Graduated from APU: 2007 and 2011
Degree(s): B.A. in Business Administration, Sociology Minor; M.A. in Human Resources and Organizational Development
Hometown: Long Beach, CA
AK, CA, MA, ME, NM
Q & A with Jessica...
- How has APU transformed you?
- There is no concise answer to this question. To thoroughly answer how APU has changed me, we would have to talk over coffee for a few hours. But, the quick version is that I have been significantly challenged, changed, and grew through all the experiences during the four years I spent at APU. I was challenged by my professors in class, late night conversations with roommates and friends, as well as during the quiet times I spent silently struggling with what God wanted for my life. I am continuously becoming the women God has created me to be and the jump start to this process was the decision to spend the college years of my life at APU.
- What activities at APU have you most enjoyed being a part of?
- I loved being a part of everything I did at APU. I was involved in Strengths Counseling, the Office of Orientation and Transitions, participated in the School of Business, Mexico Outreach trips, a mission trip to Ukraine and Turkey, as well as visiting my friends who studied abroad.
- What advice would you give to prospective students?
- I always tell prospective students to visit all the campuses they are interested in. It is so important for the campus to “fit” the student. The environment needs to be one where you can see yourself being successful in your studies, your spirituality, and your relationships. Eat on campus, visit with current students, and make sure you ask all of those burning questions. The college you choose is the future you choose. Be well informed!
- How do you spend your free time?
- I love chatting over coffee, reading a good book, laying out, being near water (ocean, lake, river, or pool), snowboarding, shopping, watching movies, taking walks, listening to music, laughing, and spending time with family and friends, usually over a great meal.