Graduated from APU: 2008
Degree(s): B.A. in Global Studies
Hometown: Las Vegas, NV
CA, FL, IL, MI, MN
Q & A with Joeley...
- How has APU transformed you?
- APU has completely rocked my world! I came to Azusa Pacific craving a community that would challenge, develop, stretch, encourage, and partner with me on a journey of discovering who I am. APU did that and more. I fell more in love with Jesus (through experiencing Him in chapels, through my professors, and on campus in general), found authentic, lifelong friends (my husband is from here, as well as half of our bridal party), and came to know who I was as an individual as well as a daughter of Christ.
- What activities at APU have you most enjoyed being a part of?
- I enjoyed being a part of L.A. Term. As a Global Studies major, I was able to do that as well as live abroad. Another favorite activity was intramural soccer.
- What advice would you give to prospective students?
- This is the only time in your life where you get to decide where you want your college experience to be. Be prayerful and listen to God. He will direct your path, and whatever it looks like, know that it's all in His perfect plan.
- How do you spend your free time?
- If I could travel the world on my weekends off, I would hop a plane to just about any country! If I'm limited to the States, then I enjoy being outside. Whether that's lounging by the pool or beach, soaking up the sun, bike riding, or hiking with my adventurous husband. I also love to shop at flea markets, go on coffee dates, catch the Top 10 on ESPN, and blog.