Senior Transfer Counselor
Graduated from APU: 2008
Degree(s): B.A. in Global Studies
Hometown: Las Vegas, NV
Q & A with Joeley...
- How has APU transformed you?
- I came to here craving a community that would challenge, develop, stretch, encourage, and partner with me on a journey of discovering who I am. APU did that and more. I fell more in love with Jesus (through experiencing Him in chapels, through my professors, in the classroom, and on campus in general), found authentic, lifelong friends (my husband is from here, as well as half of our bridal party), and came to know who I am as a daughter of Christ.
- What activities at APU have you most enjoyed being a part of?
- I enjoyed being a part of L.A. Term. As a Global Studies major, I was able to do that as well as study abroad in Argentina for a semester. Another favorite activity was intramural soccer (we were awful, but had a great time!). I love going to sporting events, especially football games!
- What advice would you give to prospective students?
- Wherever you decide to call home, get involved. APU offers many opportunities for you to get involved in something you love. It will challenge you as a person, leader, student, and friend.
- How do you spend your free time?
- If I could travel the world on my weekends off, I would hop a plane to just about any country. If I'm limited to the States, I enjoy being outdoors with my family. I love lounging by the pool, soaking up the sun by the beach, or hiking with my adventurous husband and sweet baby girl. I also love to shop at flea markets, go on coffee dates, hit the zoo, and catch the Top 10 on ESPN.