Undergraduate Admission Counselor
Degree(s): Communication Studies
Hometown: Encinitas, CA
CA, FL, MI, OR, WA, WV, WY
Q & A with Peter...
- How has APU transformed you?
- APU has transformed me by being part of a community that is one of a kind. It was foreign to me when I first came to school here to find our president, who students like to call “J-Dub,” eating lunch and hanging out with students on Cougar Walk, having professors treat you to coffee or dinner to make sure you grow as a person as well in the classroom. The people I have met while at APU are not just friends to me, but they are brothers and sisters in Christ and will always remain family to me. With this, seeing what it looks like to be a part of the body of Christ and value other people greater then myself (which the apostle Paul speaks about) has been something that I have learned and come to value in relationships, not just at APU, but wherever the Lord takes me.
- Which activities at APU have you most enjoyed being a part of?
- There are so many activities that I have enjoyed at APU, but some of my absolute favorites have been attending sporting events and intramurals. I will always remember celebrating the men’s soccer National Championship, in which two of my roommates played, along with winning APU's first intramural dodgeball championship! I loved going to chapel, being a part of the men's group for Midnight Breakfast, and hanging out with friends.
- What advice would you give to prospective students?
- I would recommend, for whatever school you are applying to, visit each campus. Campus life looks so different from school to school, and can be a make or break factor on deciding where to go to school. Also, remember that the Lord is always in control of our lives, and that no decision is too big for Him. So, remember to keep Jesus a part of your decision making, not just for deciding on where to go to school, but in every aspect of your life.
- How do you spend your free time?
- I am a huge fan of hanging out with my family and friends. I am all about sponteanous road trips, playing any kind of sport or competition. I am a huge movie fan. I can watch Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Narnia or Wedding Crashers any time of the day or year. I am a San Diego Chargers fantatic and NBA Junkie. If I am not doing any of these things, you can find me most likely at the beach, pulling some sort of prank, exploring new adventures, beating my brothers in Mario Kart, and if I can sit still long enough, there are not many things in life better than a good book. Most of all, I value my community of friends and family and can usually be found with some sort of family member or friend.