Senior Transfer Counselor
Graduated from APU: 2007
Degree(s): B.A. Biology
Hometown: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Q & A with Stuart...
- How has APU transformed you?
I transferred to APU after my sophomore year, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I love being educated and working at a place where God is truly placed first! Not only did I grow as a student in my walk with Christ and as a man of God, but I am continually growing now as a staff member.
During my first year at APU, the university passage was Romans 12:2: “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.” This has become a life verse of mine. More than anything, this university has taught me to never settle, to always seek more in my relationships with Christ and others, and to constantly be transformed spiritually, mentally, and emotionally as I seek God’s will for my life!
- Which activities at APU have you most enjoyed being a part of?
- I enjoy anything to do with athletics! I love attending games, I love playing intramurals, and I love playing the random pick-up games that you can find on any grassy area on campus! To me, athletics is such a huge part of the APU community—it fosters so many opportunities to form new relationships and strengthen old ones.
- What advice would you give to prospective students?
- Get involved and never be “comfortable.” APU has so much happening on campus, but you have to take the first step. It is uncomfortable to put yourself out there and try new things, but in the end, it is the best thing you can do for yourself. From new freshman to senior faculty members, some of the most amazing people in the world are a part of this university. Do everything you can to get to know them!
- How do you spend your free time?
- Whether I am watching or playing, I love sports—basketball, football, golf, soccer, or anything else active! I also love to read, travel, try new things, and go on adventures. And my favorite thing on earth is probably food, whether I’m cooking, eating, or going out. As long as food is involved, I’m in!