Advising and Registration
We want your advising appointment to adequately prepare you to select classes for your upcoming semester(s). Please follow the steps below to help make your appointment and registration process a success.
Setting Up Your Advising Appointment
- It is recommended (and often required) that you meet with your academic advisor prior to registering for classes.
- If you have chosen a major, schedule your appointment in advance with the department of that major, or contact your advisor directly. If you are undeclared, schedule your appointment with the Office of Academic Advising and Retention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a double major or minor, we recommend you visit both departments for advising needs.
- Prepare for your appointment beforehand: bring a printout of your Advisement Report, a tentative schedule in mind, summer course plans, information about classes offered when you study abroad, and any questions that you have.
During Your Advising Appointment
- Discuss with your advisor your class choices for the upcoming semester. Be aware that mathematics classes require a separate preregistration verification. Many classes, such as science courses, have specific prerequisites and some classes are offered only at certain points in the academic year.
- Develop a solid relationship with your faculty mentor. This is the person who can help you plan for internship and career opportunities, and much more!
- Remember that your advisor is a guide and resource, but you make the decisions. Fulfilling academic requirements is ultimately your responsibility.
- Make sure that you register after your designated date and time, which can be found on your home.apu.edu account.
- Go online to home.apu.edu, click on “Class Registration (Undergrad)”, and look for the enrollment date and time in the Student Services Center.
- Be sure to click “Submit” at the end of the process to complete your registration.