Need Help Choosing a Major?
Not sure what you want to major in? Here are some helpful suggestions to get you on your way:
- Drink coffee: Ask a professor to coffee! This is your chance to ask questions and discover why they chose the field. A faculty member can provide information about requirements, trends, and career possibilities within their department.
- Explore: Make an appointment with the Office of Career Services to assess your interests, strengths, and abilities and how those can lead to a field of interest and passion. Or register for LDRS 103 Calling, Major, and Career Exploration.
- Trial and error: Take an entry-level class in the major you are considering. If you decide that the major is not for you, the units can still count toward graduation.
- Spread the word: Talk with fellow students who have chosen the major(s) you are considering.
- Get involved: Volunteer, get a part-time job, get an internship, or take a service-learning course to get hands-on experience.