GRE Training Opportunities at APU
The Pew College Society at APU is offering the following opportunities for training for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). This exam is used for admission to many graduate programs.
Free Two-Part GRE Workshop
This free two-part workshop is open to everyone and will be taught by an instructor from the Kaplan, an organization that specializes in helping students improve their scores on the GRE and other standardized tests. These two sessions will focus on helpful test-taking strategies. A free copy of the book Getting into Graduate School will be given to the first 30 people who sign up. Contact Joseph Bentz, Ph.D., director of the Pew College Society, at email@example.com to sign up.
- Part I: Monday, Sept. 24, Math Strategies, 7:30–9 p.m., Duke Academic Complex Room 127, West Campus
- Part II: Tuesday, Sept. 25, Verbal Strategies, 7:30–9 p.m., Wilden Hall, Wyant Lecture Hall (Room 111), East Campus
Kaplan GRE Advantage Course—Live Online
Through special arrangement with Pew, Kaplan will offer its GRE Advantage Course to APU students at a special discount of $599. This course is offered live online, with many times to choose from throughout the school year. The course is an excellent way for students to become fully prepared for the GRE and improve their scores significantly. Among the features of this course:
- 20 instructional hours spread across 8 sessions; additional 30 minutes of time before and after class (total of 4 hours) to ask instructors questions.
- 7 full-length multi-stage practice tests to simulate the test day experience.
- Detailed explanations and difficulty ratings for every question and answer choice.
- Free make-up sessions if students miss a class—live or on demand.
- Extensive online resources, including additional instructor-led tutorials.
- Kaplan’s exclusive Higher Score Guarantee.
To sign up for this course with APU’s discount, contact Bentz at firstname.lastname@example.org.