- Demonstrate college-level learning from experience via Kolb model.
- Implement the process of applied behavioral science research as a problem-solving tool for planning organizational change.
- Appraise in writing an in-depth understanding of the organizational setting in which the student’s research project will be conducted.
- Learn and experientially understand what it is like to take on management responsibilities.
- Explain and understand the fundamentals of effective oral and written interpersonal communication and business communication.
- Identify and apply the most effective systematic decision-making strategy to the student’s organization.
The Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership Program enhances communication, research, cognitive, managerial, and interpersonal skills. The following is a list of the competencies which can be achieved through completion of the BSOL Program.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- Develop motivational and persuasion techniques.
- Understand verbal and nonverbal symbols.
- Lead discussion and focus groups.
- Deliver formal presentations effectively.
- Write reports and executive summaries.
- Identify research questions.
- Understand research designs and methods.
- Analyze and interpret data.
- Conduct a literary review.
- Develop data-collection instruments.
- Present and report findings.
- Develop inductive and deductive reasoning skill.
- Expand analytical and critical-thinking competence.
- Deepen problem-solving and decision-making acumen.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Develop, coach, and mentor employees.
- Study and apply organizational analysis and development theories and practices.
- Manage organizational change.
- Manage conflict effectively.
- Motivate and set goals for employees.
- Enhance negotiating skills.
- Manage diversity in the workplace.
- Facilitate small groups.
- Resolve conflict successfully.
- Manage group effectiveness.
- Hone stress-management techniques.
- Maximize task-oriented functioning.
- Broaden interpersonal skill development.
- Lead team building efforts.