The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems or Computer Information Systems (MIS/CIS) Program enables working professionals to develop the technical skills needed in the 21st-century workplace.
Azusa Pacific University’s (APU) accelerated programs cater to the adult learner, with flexible class scheduling, convenient locations, accelerated curricula, and a simplified registration process. Perhaps the most distinctive element of these programs is "reality-based learning," or the process of integrating textbook theory with the student’s work and life experience.
Practical in its design, APU’s Adult and Professional Studies Program in MIS/CIS gives today’s information technology professionals the opportunity to strengthen their current IT skills as well as broaden their understanding of industry trends. This accelerated program allows the working adult to complete a professionally relevant Bachelor of Science degree, opening up opportunities for career advancement and enhanced marketability.
- The MIS/CIS Program prepares students for advancement in the information technology field.
- Professors use students' experiences as the foundation upon which theory and practice are tested.
- All functional areas of business computing, from applications to microcode, are covered.
- Classes start in the fall and spring when an 18- to-24 student cohort forms.
- Students in the program study in a cohort and progress through the entire program together.
- Small classes ensure focused student-teacher interaction.
- Study at a top-ranked, accredited university known for quality in academics and successful graduates.