- A student must complete at least 126 units of study, of which at least 39
units must be completed at Azusa Pacific University. The following are four
methods of credit accumulation:
- Admission to the Christian Leadership program requires a minimum of 60 units of transferable credit (earned with a C- grade or better) from accredited colleges or universities, documented on official transcripts from each institution attended. (A maximum of 70 semester units from an accredited community college may be transferred toward the degree. Consult the School of Adult and Professional Studies office before taking courses or examinations.)
- A maximum of 30 semester hours may be earned through portfolio assessment.
- The Christian Leadership program requires 39 semester units, including an applied research project.
- If the total number of units from the portfolio, coursework and project, and transfer credit does not total 126 semester hours, additional work must be completed. This may be done by passing proficiency examinations or by taking courses from Azusa Pacific University or other accredited colleges or universities.
- For the B.S. degree, a student must have completed 25 units of general studies in the following areas: Freshman Writing or English Composition (3), Speech (3), Fine Arts (3), History/Civics/Political Science (3), Sociology/Psychology (3), Natural Science (4), Literature (3), and Religion (General Survey/Introduction to Biblical Literature) (3). Transfer credits, portfolio credits, additional course work, and credit for prior learning may be used to meet these requirements.
- A student must complete the program's concurrent project to the satisfaction of the reviewing instructor and the executive director of the School of Adult and Professional Studies.
- A student must complete the program with at least a 2.0 grade-point average.
The responsibility for meeting all graduation requirements rests with the individual student.