The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies is an innovative, accelerated degree program designed to help prospective elementary school and special education teachers complete their bachelor's degree while gaining valuable subject matter preparation for a successful teaching career.
This liberal studies program makes it easy to reach your goal of becoming an educator. It accommodates experienced adult learners, many of whom are working in classrooms as paraeducators, and draws upon their rich experiences in school settings. The B.A. in Liberal Studies is designed specifically for adults who have at least 60 semester units of transferable college credit and want to earn a degree while on the job.
For students interested in completing their degree online, APU also offers the Online Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies.
Read more about the on-campus liberal studies program.
If you are interested in attending an information meeting, see our calendar for upcoming meeting dates in your area.
- Gain valuable knowledge from curriculum designed to prepare you to pass the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET).
- Professors use students’ experiences as the foundation upon which theory and practice are tested.
- Relevant course material provides a strong background in the liberal arts and sciences grounded in human behavior, social issues, and a Christian worldview.
- Enjoy a rich learning community as you progress through the program with the same group of peers.
- Classes can start at anytime during the year when an 18- to 24-student cohort forms.
- Small classes ensure focused student-teacher interaction.
In addition to receiving accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), APU's School of Education also stands as one of only three private schools in California accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), which means APU credential preparation programs enjoy recognition throughout the United States and internationally.
Azusa Pacific University held its place in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2013 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 179 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 121 institutions in the 2012 Best Colleges in the West for the seventh consecutive year.