- A student must complete at least 126 units of study, of which at least 48
units must be completed at Azusa Pacific University. The following are four
methods of credit accumulation:
- Admission to the B.A. in Liberal Studies program requires a minimum of 60 units of transferable credit (earned with a C- grade or better) from accredited colleges or universities, documented on official transcripts from each institution attended. (A maximum of 70 semester units from an accredited community college may be transferred toward the degree. Consult the School of Adult and Professional Studies office before taking courses or examinations.)
- A maximum of 30 units may be earned through portfolio assessment.
- The B.A. in Liberal Studies requires 48 semester units, including an academic portfolio.
- If the total number of units from the portfolio, course work, and transfer credit does not total 126 semester hours, additional work must be completed. This may be done by passing proficiency examinations or by taking courses from Azusa Pacific University or other accredited colleges or universities.
- For the B.A. degree, a student must have completed 31 units of general studies in the following areas: Speech (3), Composition (3), Fine Arts (3), History/Government (3), Sociology/Psychology (3), Natural Science (4), Math (3), Literature (3), Foreign Language (3), and Bible Survey/Literature (3). Transfer credits, portfolio credits, additional course work and credit for prior learning may be used to meet these requirements.
- A student must complete the program's portfolio to the satisfaction of the reviewing instructor and the program director.
- A student must complete the program with at least a 2.0 grade-point average.
The responsibility for meeting all graduation requirements rests with the individual student.