APU’s Online Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (formerly Human Development) program allows students to complete their degree in just 19 months.
Because students stay with the same group throughout the course of the program, they develop a strong rapport with other group members, who act as a support system through the completion of the degree. Many students find the networking opportunities which arise through participating in the program to be invaluable.
About Our Students
Students in the Online B.A. in Liberal Studies program are:
- Prospective elementary school teachers or special education teachers
- Paraprofessionals, such as teacher aides, drawing upon their rich experiences
- Students with interests in the fields of clinical psychology, marriage and family therapy, counseling, and social work
- Adults interested in or currently teaching in private school settings or workplace staff development positions
- Adults seeking a general liberal arts bachelor's degree
- Adults, 22 years and older, with at least two years of college (60 semester units or more)
- Experienced adult learners with two years of relevant work experience
Designed for the Working Professional
At APU, we understand the challenges of earning your degree while juggling work, family, and other commitments. Our accelerated degree programs are designed to make attending Azusa Pacific simple, so you can reach your educational goals.
The Online B.A. in Liberal Studies program allows students to take advantage of the convenience of online learning without sacrificing the quality of instruction or professor-student interaction. With identical curriculum and the same cohort model that has been so successful in the on-campus liberal studies program, students can be confident they are receiving the same quality degree.
Courses are taught sequentially and the accelerated format means new courses begin every eight weeks. Students find that the rich diversity of experiences that their peers bring to the interactive online environment results in lively discussions involving shared experiences.
Committed to Your Success
Successful students in this online format clearly recognize that, while there is flexibility in online learning, a strong commitment to consistent participation, communication, and completion of all work is critical. In order to ensure student success, a Student Orientation course, part of a non-credit proseminar, is mandatory for all online students prior to the start of their online course/cohort.
Through this online program, students will engage with APU faculty and staff in one-on-one communication for academic and financial advising. A student commons will also be available to facilitate community within the cohort and between cohorts, faculty, and staff.