- A student must complete at least 126 units of study, of which at least 48 units must be completed at Azusa Pacific University (see courses required). The following are four methods of credit accumulation:
- Admission to the Online B.A. in Liberal Studies program requires a minimum of 60 units of transferable credit (earned with a C- grade or better) from accredited colleges or universities, documented on official transcripts from each institution attended. (A maximum of 70 semester units from an accredited community college may be transferred toward the degree. Consult the School of Adult and Professional Studies office before taking courses or examinations.)
- A maximum of 30 units may be earned through portfolio assessment.
- The Online B.A. in Liberal Studies requires 48 semester units, including an academic portfolio.
- If the total number of units from the portfolio, coursework, and transfer credit does not total 126 semester hours, additional work must be completed. This may be done by passing proficiency examinations or by taking courses from Azusa Pacific University or other accredited colleges or universities.
- For the B.A. degree, a student must have completed 31 units of general studies in the following areas: Speech (3), Composition (3), Fine Arts (3), History/Government (3), Sociology/Psychology (3), Natural Science (4), Math (3), Literature (3), Foreign Language (3), and Bible Survey/Literature (3). Transfer credits, portfolio credits, additional course work and credit for prior learning may be used to meet these requirements.
- A student must complete the program's portfolio requirement to the satisfaction of the reviewing instructor and the director of liberal studies.
- A student must complete the program with at least a 2.0 grade-point average in order to graduate.
Note: This information is current for the 2013–14 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.