Azusa Pacific University’s Blackout Crew is a group of student leaders with strong voices and big personalities. They help lead APU fans in cheering on many campus-wide athletic events. They are highly visible and highly active in the APU community. The program prides itself on a history of excellence, and continues to build upon its past success. Setting high goals to keep God First, the Blackout Crew consists of students who are leaders on campus as well as within their communities.
- Support Cougar athletic teams
- Encourage athletic fans and promote Cougar pride
- Facilitate spiritual, academic, and athletic performance in each team member
- Represent both APU and Jesus Christ with excellence
- God First—always
- Oldest, most established spirit program in the GSAC
- Community and campus involvement
The Blackout Crew meets twice a week starting at the beginning of September. Meetings focus on both pride–building methods and preparation for upcoming events. Meeting schedules during the year are based upon a variety of factors, including the class schedules of students participating.
Joining Blackout Crew
If you are interested in being a member of Blackout Crew, please start by completing our recruitment form so that we can get to know you a little bit.
September 8, 2011 at 6 p.m. in the Cougar Dome
Please note that you must also apply for undergraduate admission before you will be considered.
What we are looking for:
- Students with large personalities and strong voices
- Not afraid to lead and encourage a large crowd
- Spirit and Pride for Cougar Athletics
- Knowledge of game-time situations (when to lead a cheer)
Plan a Visit
The best way to get to know Azusa Pacific’s Blackout Crew is to attend an athletic event to see them in action at a game. For more information, contact Rosie Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We are excited that you are considering being a part of our program! We will push you to excellence, keeping Christ as the focus of all we do. Come ready to work hard and be a part of our family. Go Cougars!”
–Colleen Kausrud, Program Coordinator