Azusa Pacific University’s Global Ph.D. in Higher Education is offered in a hybrid learning format, with one week in August and one week in February on site in Xinzheng, Henan Province, People’s Republic of China, each year for four years. The degree is a 60-unit degree, inclusive of dissertation with a concentration in higher education leadership.
- Cohort model designed for working professionals in higher education
- Cross-cultural learning experience
- Two week-long, face-to-face sessions a year in China for four years, and one two-week immersion in U.S. higher education
- Unique strengths-oriented approach to teaching, learning, and leadership
- Experienced faculty who are professionally active and personally committed to student success, as well as local mentors who provide consultation on research
- A global perspective on higher education leadership, preparing future leaders of universities across the world
School of Behavioral Studies and Applied Sciences Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Azusa Pacific University held its place in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2013 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 179 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 121 institutions in the 2012 Best Colleges in the West for the seventh consecutive year.