At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Areas of Study
- Sport Management and Integrated Leadership
Physical Education Degree
APU's Master of Science in Physical Education equips candidates with the knowledge and skills needed to instruct physical education, administrate athletic programs, and coach at the K–12, junior college, and four-year university levels. This physical education degree molds students into change agents, mastering the professional skills and knowledge needed to integrate teaching, coaching, and administrative techniques and strategies.
Once earned, the M.S. in Physical Education positions the educator as a leader within the school and the district, with opportunities to develop and implement important physical education programs tailored to the 21st-century student.
The university also offers this program online, providing an added measure of flexibility and convenience.
Candidates also have the option of earning their degree with an emphasis in Sport Management and Integrated Leadership.
- Benefit from a proven curriculum that blends relevant coursework and research with practical training in the field.
- Enjoy small class sizes and a rich learning community as you progress through the program with a cohort of peers.
- Graduate eligible to instruct K–12 physical education, administrate athletic programs, and coach at the junior college and four-year university levels.
- Choose to add a highly marketable emphasis in Sport Management and Integrated Leadership.
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
APU’s School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences values the importance of developing programs of distinction and academic integrity. The university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Azusa Pacific University offers teacher education programs approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), authorizing elementary and secondary school teaching, and the National Council for the Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE).
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.