Specialize in College Student Affairs
The master’s in college counseling and student development at Azusa Pacific University prepares individuals to become student affairs educators whose special interest is college students and the environments that affect their development as persons and as scholar-students.
- Develop visionary leadership and foster student learning.
- Facilitate effective campus and community relationships.
- Develop skills in pluralism, inclusion, and social justice.
- Apply classroom learning to supervised fieldwork in a college or university.
- Two-year on-campus program for full-time students.
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
Department of Higher Education
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). In addition, APU’s College Counseling and Student Development Program also meets Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) standards.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.