APU’s social work major offers professional training through hands-on experiences, coursework, and internships that teach students the knowledge and skills needed to assist others through a variety of life’s most difficult situations. Students enjoy a close-knit community of faculty, peers, and alumni, and learn and grow within a nationally recognized and accredited program with intentional commitment to faith integration and service learning.
Social work majors develop a professional portfolio online that highlights the knowledge and skills they gain throughout the program. They can tailor their coursework to further their specific interests in areas such as Christian ministry, grant writing, family violence, addiction, mental health, criminal justice, and international social work.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a social work major if you:
- Are dissatisfied with the status quo and want to change society for the better
- Enjoy helping people help themselves through personal interactions
- Are passionate about social justice issues
- Seek a vast array of job opportunities and career advancement
- Are interested in earning a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree