At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Social Work Majors
- Medical social worker
- Adoption/foster care
- International social welfare
- Homeless outreach
- Senior care/geriatric social worker
- Substance abuse counselor
- Child welfare/family case worker
- Community organizer
- Mental health case manager
- Domestic violence counselor
- Probation/parole officer
- Forensic social work
A social work major’s typical starting salary is approximately $49,000.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit salary.com.
Job Titles of People with Social Work Degrees
- Founder and President, Family Support Systems Unlimited, Inc.
- Enrollment and Matching Specialist, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham
- Founder, Unlad Kabayan Migrant Services Foundation
- Senior Social Worker, Hua Mei Mobile Clinic, TSAO Foundation
- Adoption Social Worker, Department of Social Services
- Medical Social Worker, Cook County Hospital
- Multi-Agency Response Team Member, Social Worker, Child and Family Services