Social workers help people manage and overcome some of life’s most difficult challenges, such as poverty, addiction, discrimination, physical and mental illness, and abuse. APU’s MSW, Master of Social Work program offers concentration courses that allow students to specialize in a selected area of social work practice. Courses and internships prepare graduates for positions as advanced-level practitioners, clinicians, supervisors, and managers, in addition to leadership roles in community and program development.
MSW Program Highlights
APU's MSW program offers students:
- A wide range of internship opportunities in the Greater Los Angeles area
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of social work settings
- Strong clinical training with interdisciplinary knowledge base
- Full- and part-time program options
- Advanced Standing option (for graduates of CSWE-accredited BSW programs only)
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Faith integration relevant to social work practice
- Small class sizes
Department of Social Work Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, the MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Azusa Pacific University held its place in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2013 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 179 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 121 institutions in the 2012 Best Colleges in the West for the seventh consecutive year.