At a Glance
Average Completion Time
Cost Per Unit
Advanced Standing Base Cost
Areas of Study
- Clinical Practice with Individuals and Families
- Community Practice and Partnerships
Helping You Help Others
Everywhere you look you see broken, hurting people—men, women, children, couples, and families struggling with some of life’s most difficult challenges, such as poverty, addiction, discrimination, physical and mental illness, and abuse. Azusa Pacific’s Master of Social Work program (MSW) will prepare you for a career dedicated to improving the lives of others in a variety of professional settings, including advanced-level practitioners, clinicians, supervisors, and managers, as well as leadership roles in community and program development. Program courses and internships provide the tools you’ll need to make a difference.
APU’s MSW program offers students:
- A wide range of internship opportunities in the Greater Los Angeles area
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of social work settings
- Strong clinical training with interdisciplinary knowledge base
- Full- and part-time program options
- Advanced Standing option (for graduates of CSWE-accredited BSW programs only)
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Faith integration relevant to social work practice
- Small class sizes
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
Department of Social Work Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, the MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.