APU’s social work major offers professional training through hands-on experiences, coursework, and internships that teach students the knowledge and skills needed to assist others through a variety of life’s most difficult situations. Students enjoy a close-knit community of faculty, peers, and alumni, and learn and grow within a nationally recognized and accredited program with a faith integration and service learning approach.
Social work majors develop a professional portfolio online that highlights the knowledge and skills they gain throughout the program. They can tailor their coursework to match their specific interests in areas such as Christian ministry, grant writing, family violence, addiction, mental health, criminal justice, and international social work.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a social work major if you:
- Want to make a difference in your community and the world.
- Enjoy helping people through personal interactions.
- Are interested in social justice issues.
- Want plentiful job opportunities and growth potential.
- Are interested in earning a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree.