It’s really easy to celebrate the coming of the Messiah – Jesus Christ – as THE King. Scripture is replete with references to Him coming as the King of Kings, Lord of Lords. And we even hear it in Handel’s masterpiece, “The Messiah.” How could we not celebrate such a King who brings love, upsets political structures to introduce the Reign of God in Peace and Grace? But my question to you is this: “At what point does ‘Messiah THE King’ become ‘Messiah MY King?’” It seems that Jesus came to be not just THE King of Kings, but to be YOUR King. That calls for more that celebration, it invites passionate surrender to the Love of God who came to bring Peace, Grace, and wholeness. So my wish for you is simple…”May the Messiah be more to you this season than a holiday concept. May He be YOUR king bringing peace and deep love to your heart and home as you give yourself completely to HIM!” May your Christmas be truly blessed.
Thoughts, ideas, and information from APU students, faculty, and staff
Subscribe to the APU Blog
TagsAcademics action Alpha APU Athletics azusa Azusa Pacific basketball bible busy chapel Christmas Christmas Chaos class classes college community Cornerstones cougars Cross Country d-groups domestic dorm life event experience faculty faith family felix event center First Week Football Freshman Freshmen God First graduate students Haiti halloween Hebrew Heptathlon high High Sierra homework Humans Vrs Zombies ideas Jon Wallace jp justice Kaleo libraries library research life Local Los Angeles Marketing MAS Ministry Ministry and Service Missions Move In Day Off-Campus Orientation PacWest park prayer President Priorities procrastination Professors reconciliation research Resident Advisor Roommates schedule Scholarship school Science Scripture Service Service-Learning service sites sierra Soccer Social Media South Africa stress students Study Abroad teaching thanksgiving theatre track Transfer Orientation Trinity undergrad experience Undergraduate university Video Weather Weekend yosemite
- Do you teach how to ride the real tall unicycles.
- I think it’s wonderful to see students participating in service learning and contributing to community...
- Thank you so much Mariah for your comment! It truly is not as scary as so many people make it seem. College is not...
- Thank you for showing us high school students that the real world isn’t as scary as teachers, peers, or parents...
- MEGGERS! Isn’t it crazy to look back at last year and see how far we’ve all come? Freshmen no more,...
- Academics (29)
- Alumni and Parent Relations (30)
- APU Community (67)
- Behind the Scenes (18)
- From the President (7)
- Student Life (152)
- Study Abroad (34)
- High Sierra Semester (31)
- Undergraduate Experience (143)
- University Services (1)