WOW. Is it alright if I start off by just saying that?
I cannot believe that it is already APRIL and I have spent SEVEN months here.
(Before I get started, I just wanted to apologize that I have not been keeping up with my blogs. College is crazy and finding the time to create them was a task within itself. So here is a MEGA blog of my most memorable experiences!)
1. Spirit Nights! One of my favorite nights was “Decade Night.” Many of these nights also come with performances by the dorms or dances that everyone can come to! It is a great way to take a break from the studies and have some fun!
2. THE HOOTENNANNY! This event kicked off the year! The only request was to wear plaid and have a good time with all your new friends! There were jump houses, a swing set, racing bathtubs, cotton candy, snow cones and so much more!
3. Yacht Club: This Black & White party is hosted in the University Park around the pool. It’s a classy semi-formal event where students gather to enjoy music, food and each others’ company. The best part about the Yacht Club for me is getting to dress up! Everyone loves dress up!
4. Sport Events! APU has the most amazing sport teams out there! From football to basketball to tennis, there is never a dull moment! There is nothing better than cheering for the winning touch down or buzzer beater shot during the games! Face paint and a black out shirt is all that is needed to rally up some spirit!
5. The Hike! One of the MUST DO events at APU is the “hike to the A.” Once at the top of the mountain, it’s only a few more feet and you get to see a spectacular site! At the top there is a beautiful cross and the most gorgeous view of the city. I went with my roommates at night and we got to excape the chaos of the city and sit in peace with each other and most importantly, with God.
6. The Location! There is never a dull moment here because it only takes a couple minutes to find something to do! Azusa is perfectly placed besides the moutains and about a half hour outside of Los Angeles and the coast. My roommate and I went to Los Angeles one weekend and saw Matthew Morrison, aka Will Schuester, from Glee for a concert! When the sun is out, like it always is, students find their way to the beach to relax! Hollywood and Disneyland are also just “down the street!”
7. Hall Events! Living in the dorms is what every teenager looks forward to going into college. Dorm life is where frienships are made and developed. So many events go on in the dorms and each hall is differnt. For my hall we had “Tea Time” where we would get together, drink tea and reflect on what God is doing in our lives. Some other popular events are GYRAD (Get You Roommate A Date) and BroomBall!
There will be moments in your life that you pray will go by quickly, but this is definitely not one of those moments. Time is flying by faster than anyone ever told me it would. It seems like yesterday that I was walking across the stage to get my Diploma and now I’m finding myself packing up my bags for the second year of my college experience. No one is going to tell you that this is easy and let me assure you that it is not! But you have to remember one thing: God is working in your life everyday. Whether you recognize it or not, He is always with you. Through thick and thin, He should always be your focus in life.
Azusa Pacific was strengthened my faith in the Lord more than I ever imagined going into college. This college and this experienced is something that I would never trade. I am forever thankful for everything that is happening in my life here :)