Mission and Vision
School of Business and Management faculty, staff, and students passionately pursue academic excellence and spiritual enrichment to advance the work of God in business and society around the world.
The School of Business and Management is committed to the following core principles.
Academic Excellence: Learning and producing scholarship in a community of excellence by:
- Viewing students as the first priority.
- Maintaining a dynamic teaching environment where relevant business and management theories and practical tools are imparted.
- Engaging in scholarship that advances the thinking in related fields, informs teaching, involves students, and serves communities in practical ways.
- Investing in the campus infrastructure, technology, and alliances to enhance capabilities to learn and produce scholarship.
- Sustaining a learning environment that fosters critical analysis and creative thinking.
Spiritual Enrichment: Learning and producing scholarship in a community of faith by:
- Modeling and infusing a Christian perspective of truth and life throughout SBM programs.
- Enlivening the mind and transforming the heart by developing important links between faith, learning, and application.
- Facilitating nurturing, caring, and mentoring relationships among faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Practicing God-honoring diversity.
Advance the Work of God in Business and Society: Learning and producing scholarship to impact the world by:
- Helping students identify their strengths and providing mentoring to ensure those strengths are developed and utilized to benefit business and society.
- Using experiential, real-world, and service learning to create value for students and the community.
- Developing programs, alumni, and students that have an impact around the world.
- Preparing students academically, professionally, and spiritually to engage their field and community in God-honoring ways.
- Actively advancing the work of God through research, teaching, and community service.
- Teaching the ethical conduct of business throughout all SBM programs.