At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Master’s in Accounting
The Leung School of Accounting offers a Master of Professional Accountancy degree to equip skilled, ethical leaders for the accounting profession. The program is designed for students who have recently completed their bachelor’s degree in accounting. This full-time, intensive program allows candidates to complete an advanced degree and meet the 150 credit hours required for CPA licensure in just one year.
In addition to a rigorous curriculum that prepares students for the CPA exam, the master’s in accounting builds on practical experience and emphasizes job placement for graduates. Students in the 30-unit graduate-level program master the core competencies of accounting professionals while developing the research skills and character needed to solve complex problems.
Learn more about the program, our faculty, and APU MPA students who have gone on to find professional success.
Master of Professional Accountancy Highlights
- Start your master’s degree directly after completing a bachelor’s in accounting or equivalent.
- Gain comprehensive training for a career as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Study alongside accounting professionals who bring depth of experience to the program.
- Apply knowledge gained from a public accounting firm internship to enhance classroom studies.
- Earn your degree in just 12 months from a top Christian university.
- Benefit from nationwide opportunities for job placement with program curriculum that meets the 150 credit hours of coursework required by states for certification.
School of Business and Management Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, the School of Business and Management receives accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) and is a candidate school in the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Outcomes Assessment Results
Read IACBE’s Outcomes Assessment Results (PDF) to learn how we’re doing.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.