APU’s rigorous business economics major prepares students to make sound business decisions. This program provides a solid business foundation for in-depth study of advanced economic systems, labor concerns, financial markets, environmental economics, urban and regional economics, and international trade.
Students also explore the economics of religion, a Christian’s place in the business world, and the principles of ethical decision making. Business economics majors leave APU ready to guide their businesses through a complex economic environment.
Students may choose to complete an MBA immediately upon graduation through the Young Executive MBA program or the Millennial MBA program. Both programs are accelerated, intensive, and experience based, allowing the student to complete a master’s degree in one additional year.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a business economics major if you:
- Enjoy numbers, puzzles, and challenges.
- Are thorough and detail oriented.
- Tend to see the connections between ideas and concepts.
- Like to know how the world works.
- Want a degree that is broadly applicable to many industries.