At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Business Economics Majors
- Stock Broker
- IT Project Manager
- Insurance Underwriter
- Risk Manager
- Market Researcher
- Think Tank Researcher/Scholar
- Health Care Administrator
- City Planner
An economics major’s typical starting salary is $43,400. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $84,456.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Business Economics Degrees
- Founder, The ACT Review, LLC
- Global Business Services Rep, IBM
- Certified Financial Planner, Fountain Professional Group
- Economy Teacher, Peace Corps
- Chief Technology Officer, Interactive Data Corp.
- President, Sciabica’s Olive Oil, Inc.
- Founder, American Capital Properties