At a Glance
Areas of Study
- International Development
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Economics Majors
- Financial Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Business Process/Management Consultant
- Government Economist
- Insurance Underwriter
- Risk Manager
- Think Tank Researcher/Scholar
An economics major’s typical starting salary is $42,549. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $91,114.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Economics Degrees
- Chairman, COFCO
- Managing Partner, Atlas Holdings
- Founding Partner, Five Star Parking
- Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Research Economist, Federal Reserve Board
- Maine Senator, Senate District 6
- Chief Financial Officer, Leuthold Weeden Capital Management
- President, U.S. Summit Company
- Director of Research, Wilkins Investment Council, Inc.