End of Calendar Year 2012 Deadlines
NEWS FROM THE BUSINESS OFFICE
END OF CALENDAR YEAR 2012 DEADLINES
In preparation for Christmas and the blessing of holidays, please make note of a few dates to ensure that all income is received, recorded, and deposited, as well as payments disbursed promptly and correctly. We appreciate your efforts and cooperation.
The Business Office and East Campus Cashier’s Office will be closed December 22, 2012 thru January 1, 2013.
Contact: Cashier's Office, Kelli Hively at email@example.com or x 3430
Please submit all deposits of incoming funds to the Cashier’s Office by Monday, December 17 for processing. Funds received after this date may be submitted to the Cashier’s Office until Friday, December 21 at noon for safekeeping over the holidays.
DONATIONS: This includes any donations. Please submit any donations to the Office of University Advancement. Please do not leave money in your offices over the holiday season.
Contact: Purchasing, Jo Ann Bengel at firstname.lastname@example.org or x5003
All requisitions that must be PROFORMA (check issued) must be entered and approved by Monday, December 10, for a check to be processed by Tuesday, December 18.
All requisitions that only need a Purchase Order issued may be entered and approved until Monday, December 17, 2012 to ensure all are completed by Friday, December 21, 2012.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE —INVOICES/BILLS/STATEMENTS
Contact: Accounts Payable Office, x4696 or email@example.com.
All invoices must be approved and received in the Business Office no later than 12 pm (noon) on Thursday, December 13, to ensure payment is distributed prior to the holiday.
Independent Contractor Payment Requests
All requests to pay independent contractors must be in by Tuesday, December 11, to ensure payment is distributed prior to the holiday. All requests must be approved and accompanied by a completed W-9 form along with any other additional forms as needed. Please contact Accounts Payable directly with any questions at x4696 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: x4696 or email@example.com
Semi-Monthly Pay Cycle -
- Expense reimbursement requests received by the Payroll Department on Wednesday, December 5 at 5 pm will be included on the December 14 paycheck, if the request is completed and approved.
- Expense reimbursement requests received by the Payroll Department on Friday, December 14 at 5 pm will be included on the Friday, December 21 paycheck, if the request is completed and approved. All other expense reimbursements requests will be reimbursed with the January 15 paycheck.
Bi-Weekly Pay Cycle -
- Expense reimbursement requests received by the Payroll Department on Monday, December 10 at 10 am will be included on the December 14 paycheck, if the request is completed and approved.
- Expense reimbursement requests received by the Payroll Department on Monday, December 17 at 10 am will be included on the Friday, December 21 paycheck, if the request is completed and approved. All other expense reimbursements requests will be reimbursed with the January 11 paycheck.
Contact: Payroll Department, Alda Borba at x4722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the Christmas holiday schedule for APU, the last pay date for 2012 for both the Semi-Monthly and Bi-Weekly pay cycles will be Friday, December 21, 2012.
The next Bi-Weekly pay date will be January 11, 2013, and the next Semi-Monthly pay date will be January 15, 2013.
Supervisors have the responsibility of following all deadlines to ensure their employees are paid appropriately. Payroll must pay all employees on-time. Please hold your employees accountable for submitting their Time Card to you for approval by the deadlines.
Semi-Monthly Pay Cycle - (Staff Salary/Ivory)
· Pay Period 12/1/2012-12/15/2012 Time Cards are due in the Payroll Department no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, December 14. Do not place in campus mail! Please hand-deliver to the Payroll Department.
Bi-Weekly Pay Cycle - (Staff Hourly/Salmon; Students/blue)
- Pay Period 12/9/12-12/22/12 Time Cards are due in the Payroll Department no later than 10:00 am on Monday, December 17. Do not place in the campus mail. Please hand-deliver to the designated Time Card drop-off locations.
- Hours worked the week of December 17 will need to be anticipated. Any adjustments should be forwarded to the Payroll Department by January 4, 2013, and will be included with the January 11, 2013, paycheck.
- When your student employee has worked their last day prior to leaving for Christmas break, please approve their Time Card immediately and take it to one of the designated Time Card drop-off locations. Do not hold these Time Cards until December 17, if they have already completed their time earlier in the pay period.
Department representatives will pick-up checks as usual on Friday, December 21. Please make arrangements with employees who will not be available to receive their check that day. ALL unclaimed paychecks must be returned to the Payroll Department by noon on Friday, December 21. DO NOT RETAIN PAYCHECKS in offices over the Christmas break.
o Encourage employees to enroll in DIRECT DEPOSIT by Friday, December 7.
o Ask employees if they would like their check mailed, and to which address, so you may take their paycheck to the University Mailroom by 11:30 on Friday, December 21.
Please check your pay stubs as soon as possible, and report any discrepancies to your Supervisor who will contact the Payroll Department.
Any errors on pay stubs must be reported immediately so corrections may be completed for proper W-2 reporting prior to December 21.
Supplemental Pay Requests
Semi-Monthly Pay Cycle - Supplemental pay requests, driver’s pay, etc. must be received in the Payroll Department by Friday, December 14 for the December 21 paycheck.
Bi-Weekly Pay Cycle – Supplemental pay requests, driver’s pay etc., must be received in the Payroll Department by Monday, December 17 for the December 21 paycheck.
Thank you from all of us in the Business Office and May God bless you this special Christmas season as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus!