When a department has cash, checks, or credit cards to be turned in to Cashiering Services for receipting, please use the Departmental Deposits Form (Excel) and place it in a sealed deposit bag (available at any drop-off location) along with your deposit and an itemized tape of cash, checks, and credit cards for verification of deposit. Note: Every line must be filled in for processing.
Departments are responsible to personally bring their deposits in a sealed deposit bag to any of our four convenient drop-off locations:
East Campus: Cashier located in the Office of Undergraduate Student Financial Services. Use drop safe at the desk and log your deposit. Hours are 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Thursday; and 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. on Friday.
West Campus: Bookstore (Ask for LeAnn or Diane at the back service counter). Please log your drop on the Brinks sheet. Staff will instruct you. Hours are 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m., Monday–Thursday; and 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. on Friday.
Admin West: Graduate Center Cashier (568 E. Foothill Blvd). Hours are 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday.
Business Office/Cashiering Services: Located at Foothill Community Church at 777 E. Alosta Ave., Building D, second floor. Hours are 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Thursday; and 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. on Friday.
For after-hours drop, please contact Sheila Gonzales in Cashiering Services at x4742 or email@example.com for alternate solutions.
It is important that departments make weekly deposits so that funds are sent to the bank in a timely manner. This is a basic operating discipline.
Deposit Bag Procedures
In keeping with the cash handling policy and procedures of APU, please turn in all weekly deposits in a sealed deposit bag to one of the above locations. Below are the highlights of the procedure.
- Each department is responsible for having their deposit to one of the locations on a weekly basis. See above for hours and instructions for each location.
- Special deposit bags will be supplied by Cashiering Services or at one of the drop-off locations, and are to be used for all deposits.
- Please write department name and deposit total on the front of the deposit bag.
- Multiple deposits in one bag are fine.
- Departments are required to make deposits a minimum of once per week.
- Pull off tag identification on the sealed deposit bag and attach to duplicate receipt. (Our staff can instruct you.)
- We recommend that you photocopy department slips for your records.
- Each department is responsible to check their budget reports for activity on a monthly basis.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact Sheila Gonzales in Cashiering Services at x4742 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please download the Wire Transfer Funds (PDF) and fill in the “Funds wired from” and “Purpose of funds” sections. This form can be given to the institution wiring funds.