Frequently Asked Questions

For your convenience, we have provided a list of frequently asked questions and answers. If you don’t find the information you are looking for, contact us at (626) 815-4696 or

How do I pay an invoice I have received?

On the invoice, write the appropriate account number and have the authorized signer sign the invoice for approval. Then forward the original invoice to Accounts Payable. Please note that Accounts Payable does not accept invoices via fax or email, because of the high rate of duplicate payments that occur when invoices are processed that way. If you have an invoice that is past due and needs immediate attention, contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-4696.

What is a check request, and when should it be used?

A check request is used for miscellaneous types of refunds when you don’t have an invoice. For more information, contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-4696.

What if I have an emergency payment that needs to be processed?

Please contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-4696 and all efforts will be made to accommodate your needs.

How often are vendors paid?

Payments are processed every Tuesday. Please turn in all completed and approved paperwork by 4:30 p.m. the prior Friday so Accounts Payable can make all efforts for payment to be processed to the vendor by check, ACH, or CCER by Thursday.

How do I set up a purchase requisition?

For questions about setting up a purchase requisition (PR), refer to the Purchasing Department website, or contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-6000, Ext. 4697.

How do I find out information about my purchase order?

For questions about the status of a purchase order (PO), refer to the Purchasing Department website or contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-4696.

A payee claims they have not received payment. How do I request a stop payment and reissue of the check?

Contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-4696. Accounts Payable can confirm whether the payment has been cleared. Ten (10) business days are required from the issue date before a stop payment and reissue can occur.

How do I process a credit application for a new vendor that requires one before they will accept an order?

Credit applications must be completed by the Business Office. Please email the application to or send it via campus mail for processing.

How do I find out more information about my Wells Fargo P Card?

For questions about the Wells Fargo P Card program, refer to the Wells Fargo Training Manual (PDF), or contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-4696.

Whom do I call if my Wells Fargo card is lost or stolen?

Please refer to the Wells Fargo Credit Card Form (PDF), or contact Accounts Payable at (626) 815-4696.

How do I get reimbursed?

Azusa Pacific University will process reimbursements for university employees and individuals not employed by the university for business expenses incurred on behalf of Azusa Pacific University. Fill out the Expense Reimbursement Form (Excel). This form includes full instructions and processing deadlines. If traveling internationally, use the International Expense Reimbursement Form (Excel).