Access to Facilities
The Department of Campus Safety oversees access to APU campus facilities after business hours. As a courtesy, Campus Safety will provide access to individuals without keys or card access under certain circumstances. Before access can be granted, however, the following information needs to be on file with the Department of Campus Safety:
- An access request email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from a faculty or staff member that oversees the area
- The full name and APU ID number of the individual who needs access
- The dates and times that the individual is allowed in the area
The following parameters apply to all access requests:
- Student access may be granted from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. each day.
- Access outside those times must be cleared by an executive team member of the Department of Campus Safety.
- The requesting faculty or staff member must provide a viable reason for all requests outside of the times listed above.
All requests to obtain keys for campus offices and buildings should be directed to the Office of Facilities Management at (626) 812-3002.