Services for Students and Alumni
Career Consulting Services
Career consultants are available to assist you with making decisions and learning about a wide range of topics, including:
- Choosing or changing your major
- Locating an internship or job
- Graduate school resources
- Taking an assessment (exploring interests, values, and skills)
- Résumé Guidelines Booklet (PDF)
- Mock interviewing
- Job search strategies
- Exploring occupations
Career consultants can advise current students and alumni free of charge and by appointment. (Please refer to the What to Expect (PDF).) Services are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
The Office of Career Services provides the following packets to help prepare you for what's next:
- Professional Survival Guide for Résumés, Cover Letters, and References (PDF)
- Professional Survival Guide for the Job and Internship Search Process (PDF)
- Professional Survival Guide for the International Job Search Process (PDF)
- Professional Survival Guide for Interviewing (PDF)
- Professional Survival Guide for Informational Interviewing (PDF)
- Professional Survival Guide for Applying to Graduate School (PDF)
- Supplemental Guides are available for Military (PDF) and Nursing (PDF).
Career Services Workshops
APU faculty and staff can request a career services workshop to meet the needs of their group or class.
Available workshop topics include:
- Résumé writing
- Interviewing techniques
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment review
- Networking and job searching
- Strengths Finder
- Strong’s assessment review
- Salary negotiation
- Graduate school
- Teacher Career Forum preparation
To request a workshop, complete the Workshop Request Form.
APU students can access Reciprocity through the Career Services office. This service allows APU students to use career services with other colleges and universities across the United States.