At a Glance
Areas of Study
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Biology Majors
- Forensic Scientist
A biology major’s typical starting salary is $43,347. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $72,733.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Biology Degrees
- Biological Oceanographer, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Research Scientist, ICOS Corporation
- Research Technician, The Blood Center of Southeast Wisconsin
- Orthopedic Surgeon, Vermont Orthopedic Clinic
- Veterinary Technician, Wildlife and Rehabilitation, Inc.
- Writer, Journal of the American Medical Association
- Biologist, Molecular Oncology Department, Merck Research Laboratories