APU’s premedicine/predentistry program offers the science and other prerequisite coursework necessary for students who wish to go on to medical or dental school. In fact, 90 percent of the graduates from this preparatory program are admitted to medical/dental school. Students receive not only personalized, step-by-step academic advising, but also significant personal interaction with faculty in and out of the classroom. Students learn to integrate scientific, cultural, and Christian views and develop the skills and objectivity necessary for the advancement of scientific knowledge.
Is This Program Right for You?
You should participate in the predental/premedical program if you:
- Wish to major in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry.
- Would like to pursue a career as a physician or dentist.
- Would like focused academic advising in order to prepare for medical or dental school and the MCAT or DAT.
- Have a passion for helping the sick and wounded.
- Desire to learn about the human body from a Christian perspective.