At a Glance
Areas of Study
- Interpersonal and Organizational Communication
- Media Studies
- Rhetoric and Public Address
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Communication Studies Majors
- Grant Writer
- College Recruiter
- Community Service Coordinator
- Event Planner
- Governmental Press Secretary
- Labor Negotiator
A communications major’s typical starting salary is $29,857. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $64,315.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with a Communication Studies Degree
- Producer, KSTP-TV
- Public Relations Coordinator/Grant Writer, City of Radford, VA
- Reporter, The Roanoke Times
- Chief Technical Editor, Randolf Associates, Inc.
- Assistant Destination Manager for West Africa and Egypt, International Expeditions
- Manager of New Media, Workplay
- Stewardship Coordinator, Office of Development, University of South Florida
- Project Director, Alabama Republican Party
- Pharmaceutical Rep, Eli Lili
- Donor Resources Development, American Red Cross
- Civil Rights Attorney, Loughry & Woelfel
- Rehabilitation Counselor for the Deaf, New York State Education Department
- Human Resources Assistant, U.S. Department of Commerce