At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
APU’s journalism major equips students to seek out and reveal the truth. The degree provides a solid foundation in convergent journalism, mass communication, media law and ethics, desktop publishing and design, public affairs reporting, and magazine article writing. These then serve as a framework for advanced study in the student’s area of interest, such as broadcast journalism, newspapers and magazines, nonfiction creative writing, international journalism, entertainment reporting, faith and values reporting, public relations, marketing communications, radio and sound production, and documentary filmmaking.
Throughout the coursework, students are encouraged to discuss and explore a Christian’s role and responsibilities as members of the media and society. Journalism majors leave APU prepared to communicate the truth in an effective, compelling manner.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a journalism major if you:
- Enjoy research and writing.
- Have a natural curiosity about the world around you.
- Are a good listener, have strong interpersonal skills, and have a talent for making people comfortable.
- Have a passion for discovering the truth, even if it is uncomfortable.
- Are organized, detail oriented, and thorough.
Learn more about this major. You may also wish to consider APU’s communications major.