At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Computer Science Majors
- Video game Programmer
- Embedded Systems Programmer
- Computer Animator
- Database Specialist
- Military Intelligence Specialist
- Robotics Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Computer Science Teacher and Professor
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Back-end Web Developer
The typical starting salary for a computer science degree graduate is $53,207. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $90,342.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Computer Science Degrees
- Fixed Income Analyst, JP Morgan Asset Management
- Business Information Specialist, ZS Associates
- Pension Actuary, Melon Consultants
- Backend Software Engineer, Yahoo!
- Pan-EMEA Software Specialist, IBM
- Web Designer, Yo Networks
- Vice President for Technology, InterTech Media
- Technical Support Analyst, Juno Online Services
- Product Development Manager, Baker Hill Corporation
- Software Developer, Oracle Software