At a Glance
Areas of Study
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for English Majors
- Technical Writer
- Grant Writer
- Speech Writer
- Freelance Magazine Article Writer
- Public Relations Specialist
An English major’s typical starting salary is $34,851. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $62,615.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with English Degrees
- Senior Editor of Intellectual Capital, Booz Allen
- Diplomat/Political Officer, Foreign Service
- Lobbyist, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- Editor, Campbell Alliance
- Policy and Procedures Specialist, District of Colombia
- Features Reporter, Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Literary Agent, Simon and Schuster
- Research Attorney for the Presiding Judge, Juvenile Court of Los Angeles
- Reporter, Forbes magazine