Discover Your Calling in Community
Not yet ready to choose from the 60+ majors that APU offers? If you are enrolling as an undeclared major, we have a place for you. The Exploring Program is designed for students who are still discovering their vocation, “the work a person is called to in this world, the thing that a person is summoned to spend his or her life doing,” as Frederick Buechner says. If you haven’t yet decided what you want to study, you’re not alone. Many students begin their college experience by exploring majors. We’ll help you figure it out, every step of the way.
Join a community of fellow students exploring their major options and journey together, with individualized guidance from academic advisors, as you attend seminars, retreats, and discussion groups all geared toward helping you discern your unique calling.
- Enroll in the First-Year Seminar: Exploring Students, created to help you understand your God-given strengths and passions and how they can relate to a future career.
- Connect with an assigned academic advisor who will guide you as you integrate your academic and co-curricular experiences to discover your vocational direction.
- Discover how your natural gifts and abilities can lead you toward your future vocation with strengths and gifts assessments.
- Attend a speaker series designed to encourage you as you seek to understand your calling and how it fits with the work of God in the world.
- Engage in vocational exploration with real world work experience in a variety of fields as part of your First-Year Seminar.