At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Global Studies Majors
- Social services
- Urban education
- Social entrepreneurialism
- Community development
- Urban planning
- Human rights law
- Environmental management
- International service (e.g. Peace Corps)
- Diplomatic service
- Public policy research
- Cross-cultural ministry
- Church leadership
The typical starting salary (with two years experience) for a global studies major is $38,400. The typical salary after 15 years is $71,400.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Global Studies Degrees
- Assistant Language Teacher, Science and Technology High School, Japan
- Rural Health and Sanitation Volunteer, Peace Corps, El Salvador
- Assistant Editor, Eurozine, Vienna
- Research Director, International Bill of Rights Project
- Director of Documentary Research, The Reclaim Initiative, Sri Lanka