At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
APU’s Bachelor of Arts in Sociology equips students to delve into social life and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. The degree provides a solid foundation in basic sociological theory, applied statistics, contemporary social problems, and comparative family systems. These then serve as a framework for advanced study in human diversity, the sociology of religion, social stratification, crime and delinquency, social psychology, and philosophical concepts of human nature.
Throughout the program, students are encouraged to explore how biblical insights and values clarify understanding of sociology, and sociology in turn teaches more about Christian faith. Sociology majors leave APU prepared to use social theory and research to systematically confront social problems and enact change at all levels of society.
Pathway from Education to Vocation
Download the Sociology Major Brochure to learn more about APU’s pathway from education to vocation, including graduate school and career opportunities.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a sociology major if you:
- Are interested in social dynamics and human interactions.
- Want a major that will prepare you for a wide range of careers.
- Want to make a difference in the world and work for social change.
- Want to explore the world’s challenges through a biblical lens.
- Want to better understand how cultural, economic, and gender diversity impact social life.
Learn more about this major.