At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
The Online Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) offers graduate students the opportunity to study TESOL from anywhere around the world. The online TESOL program allows students to develop the vision, concepts, and skills necessary to teach English to diverse student populations locally and internationally.
Prospective and experienced teachers of English as a second or foreign language take courses and seminars in language acquisition theory, English grammar and pronunciation, intercultural communication and socio-linguistics, language teaching methods and materials development, observation and practice in classroom teaching, language assessment, program design, and language-development research.
APU also offers the Master of Arts in TESOL in a field-based and on-campus format.
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
- APU's TESOL programs combine compassionate Christian service with strong academic and practical preparation for language teaching.
- Complete your teaching ESL degree online in just 19 months from anywhere in the world.
- Take up to three courses in a different format—on campus or field-based—or study abroad while earning your master's degree.
- Gain the necessary qualifications to secure a position teaching ESL in the U.S. and abroad.
- Enjoy sequentially taught courses within a cohort of students with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Implement your learning in the classroom as you teach abroad or locally while in the program.
- Study at a top-ranked, accredited university known for quality in academics and successful graduates.
This online degree is offered by APU’s Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL. View additional graduate TESOL programs.