The Online Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) offers graduate students the opportunity to study TESOL from anywhere around the world. The online TESOL program allows students to develop the vision, concepts, and skills necessary to teach English to diverse student populations locally and internationally.
Prospective and experienced teachers of English as a second or foreign language take courses and seminars in language acquisition theory, English grammar and pronunciation, intercultural communication and socio-linguistics, language teaching methods and materials development, observation and practice in classroom teaching, language assessment, program design, and language-development research.
- APU's TESOL programs combine compassionate Christian service with strong academic and practical preparation for language teaching.
- Begin your teaching ESL degree online immediately, even if you are not Internet proficient, with the help of experienced technical support staff.
- Complete your degree in just 19 months from anywhere in the world.
- Gain the necessary qualifications to secure a position teaching ESL in the U.S. and abroad.
- Connect with faculty and other students as easily as checking email.
- Enjoy sequentially taught courses within a cohort of students with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Implement your learning in the classroom as you teach abroad or locally while in the program.
- Study at a top-ranked, accredited university known for quality in academics and successful graduates.
This online degree is offered by APU's Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL. View additional graduate TESOL programs.