APU’s Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) suits students who do not wish to pursue the full Master of Arts in TESOL degree, but who would like to receive the basic training to start their career in teaching English. This graduate-level certificate provides students with the basic qualifications needed to teach in a multicultural setting. The certificate is earned by completing the first two courses in the M.A. in TESOL program, which can be applied toward the master's degree if further graduate work is desired.
- APU's TESOL programs combine compassionate Christian service with strong academic and practical preparation for language teaching.
- Begin your online learning immediately, even if you are not Internet proficient, with the help of experienced technical support staff.
- Complete your Certificate in TEFL from anywhere in the world.
- Connect with faculty and other students as easily as checking email.
- Implement your learning in the classroom as you teach abroad or locally while in the program.
- Gain the necessary qualifications to get an entry-level EFL position abroad.
- Apply coursework toward a master’s degree in TESOL if you wish to pursue further graduate studies.
- Study at a top-ranked, accredited university known for quality in academics and successful graduates.
This online degree is offered by APU's Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL. View additional graduate TESOL programs.