At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for History Majors
- Corporate Historian
- Historic Site Administrator
- Museum Curator
- Cultural Affairs Officer
- Preservation Specialist
The typical starting salary for a history major is $35,030. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $69,487.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with History Degrees
- Assistant Curator, Bloom Fine Art and Antiques
- Registrar/Archivist, Walt Disney Animation
- Small Exhibit Coordinator, Chippewa Valley Museum
- Legislative Aide, State of Wisconsin
- Director, Michael Rosenfeld Gallery
- Director of Adult and Academic Education Programs, The Museum of Modern Art
- Underwater Archeologist, Tidewater Atlantic Research
- Political Journalist, The Washington Post
- Appellate Attorney, Environment and National Resources Division, U.S. Department of Justice