Careers for Political Science Majors
- Campaign Manager
- Political Analyst
- Intelligence Analyst
- Community Organizer
A political science major’s typical starting salary is $40,269. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $70,210.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit www.payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Political Science Degrees
- Special Agent, Tennessee Bomb and Arson Section
- Attorney, Venable, LLP
- Vice President, Emergency Committee for American Trade (ECAT)
- Senior Counsel for Corporate Affairs, Recording Industry Association of America Inc.
- Editor, Congress Reconsidered
- Congressional Fellow, American Political Science Association
- Project Assistant, Richardson, Patrick, Westbrook, and Brickman, LLC.
- Special Agent, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
- Associate Project Director, Lunz, Maslansky Strategic Research
- Government and Business Affairs Liaison, Congressman C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger
- Judicial Law Clerk, Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Sixth Circuit
- Field Organizer, Barack Obama's presidential campaign
- Analyst, Florida Department of Education
- Regional Reporter, Washington Bureau of The Associated Press
- Lobbyist, Association for Public Television Stations
- Chief of Staff, Representative Jerry McNerny (D-CA,11)