At a Glance
Areas of Study
- Physical Education
- Social Science
- Special Education
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Liberal Studies Majors
- Teachers or teacher’s aides in public and private schools locally, nationally, and internationally
- Administrators in school districts
- School counselors and psychologists
- Reading specialists
- Speech and language pathologists
- Staff in children’s ministries
- Other client-based service professions
- Kindergarten teacher, Wakefield Elementary
- Photography teacher, Turlock High School
- Superintendent, Yreka Union School District
- K–12 Visual Arts Coordinator, Bangor School District
- Physical Education Teacher, Lincoln Middle School
- Founding principal, KIPP Scholar Academy
The typical starting salary for a liberal studies major is $30,517. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $62,324.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.